New Investor? Start Here
Questions? No problem, we have you covered! We put together some of the most requested information to help you get started investing with Percent.
It's as easy as 1-2-3
Getting started with Percent is simple and only takes a few minutes. The process is completely digital, and you can be ready to invest in no time.
The process is simple to get started, but we want to make sure you know exactly what to expect.
You'll need a state ID or passport for identity verification purposes.
DID YOU KNOW?
More than 85% of our investors have participated in more than one offering.
Before you invest
We understand you may have some questions, and we want to make sure you have all the information you need before you decide to invest.
DID YOU KNOW?
Since launching our Dutch auction in 2020, we've received over 15,000 auction bids.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are several ways of establishing accredited investor status:
- You have earned income that exceeded $200,000 (or $300,000 together with a spouse) in each of the prior two years, and reasonably expect the same for the current year
- You have a net worth over $1 million, either alone or together with a spouse (excluding the value of the person’s primary residence).
- You are an investor with certain professional certifications, designations, and/or credentials, including Series 7, Series 65, and Series 82 licenses while qualifying as “natural persons.” (Investors with other licenses are to be considered and added in the future.)
- You are an investor with a “spousal equivalent,” or a spouse of an accredited investor who pools their assets along together to meet the previous net worth and/or income requirements for accredited investors. (Eg. If you are married to an accredited investor and share monetary resources, you are now also an accredited investor.)
- You are “knowledgeable employees” of a private fund.
- Limited Liability Companies (LLCs) and Family Office entities with $5 Million assets under management. SEC- and state-registered investment advisers (but not reporting advisors) of these entities can also now be considered accredited investors.
- Entities including Native American tribes, governmental bodies, funds, and entities “organized under the laws of foreign countries” with investments over $5 million — as long as they were not formed solely to invest in a specific accredited investment.
Yes, your funds are held at Signature Bank, an FDIC-insured bank. Funds deposited with Percent are insured up to $250,000, the maximum amount allowed by law.
Please note that if you have additional accounts at Signature Bank, your funds will be covered up to $250,000 for all insured deposits that are maintained with Signature Bank.
As an investor, there are no fees to invest on the Percent platform at this time.
We’ve recently partnered with Alto IRA to make it easier to invest your SDIRA on Percent. And if you have a self-directed IRA through another provider, please reach out to us if you have any questions on how to get started.